Within 4 hours, I will be on my way to China. This is my 2007 backpack journey that I have dreamed for a while. I did 7 months backpack travel in 2006. Now it’s time for 2007. It won’t be as long as last time though. Before I take off, I want to update what I have so far.
I think life is so short. I want to travel as much as I can while I can still afford and do it. Two days ago I post “Prepare my backpack journey to China 2007.” I am so exciting about this trip to China.
Here comes my last update!
I am flying from Phoenix to LA, and then take 16 hours flight to Taiwan. I will take two hours break and transfer flight to Hong Kong. We will arrival at Hong Kong on August 9th, 2007. The total flight time will be very close to 24 hours. I will stay in Hong Kong for few days and head to China after that. I don’t know where I will be going in China. That’s the fun part. We stay at one place as long as we desired. No plan!
I will carry the following stuff as you can see in the pictures.
- Two empty luggage. I bet I will bring much more Travel Souvenirs back. I will leave the luggage in Hong Kong.
- Backpack for two – Just one backpack for two. We try to carry as less as possible. Make it very light weight. So we can move fast when we need. It’s tough to carry a lot to catch the crowed train.
- One computer backpack – I hope I can get online and update my photos and blog. Or I can just work on my blog off-line, and upload them when I get Internet access.
- One light weight backpack – Carry my Nikon D70S digital camera, fresh light, Garmin GPS, batteries, cell phone charger and water, etc.
- Some gifts – Some gifts for my friends in China.
- Nikon D70S digital camera and fresh light – I can’t travel without taking photos.
- Gadgets – Cell phone, charger, Garmin GPS and many other gadgets. However, I am not going to take my iPod with me. It’s too heavy. What’s the point to listen to it while I want to enjoy my trip?
- Tripod – I am still not sure if I will bring the tripod for my Nikon D70s. I will know at the last minute.
- Cloths – We only bring three pairs of easy dry shirt and pants. One pare of hiking shoes. Some disposable underwear. It has to be light weight.
- Lots of cash – That’s why I have to work so hard. It’s time to enjoy my souvenir shopping. It’s a treasure hunting trip!
- Passport – Can’t really travel without it.
So what else do I have beside the travel?
- Alexa Traffic Ranking – The most current Alexa Traffic Ranking is 143,085.
- RSS feed subscriber – The most current number of my RSS subscriber is 53.
- Fixed some broken house items – There is no surprise that something went broke before my travel. My toilet was broken; my backyard sprinkler system was broken. I have to fix those at last minutes. Well. It better broke now that later.
- Vacation Watch – I have the local police department aware of my long vacation. They will watch my house every week.
- Friend Watch – I have my friend come over and check the water system, electric system everyday. So I don’t really worry about my house.
- Empty refrigerator – I have been eating a lot for the past week. I have to clean all the left-over. I guess! I have to give away some nice fruits to my friends.
- Discountinue cable and Internet – Call Qwest to disconnect cable TV and Internet. So we don’t have to pay full amount of monthly fee while we are away. Just leave the phone on.
I have been traveled a lot in the past few years. It’s always something come up before we take off. There is just tons stuff to do before travel. I think I got everything under my control. 😉
Now! I just need to relax and have a nice wonderful trip to China! See you all soon!