I think it will be useful to put down the processes of starting an online retail business in Arizona. Who knows what will happen tomorrow. I may start a new business on my own. Although this is not the first company I start, however, it’s my first online retail business.
These are the brief steps.
- Search availability of the new company name at Arizona Corporation Commission.
- Filing the required documents to register the company as s-corporation.
- Download the filing forms here.
- Covert Sheet
- Articles of Incorporation for Domestic Corporations
- Certificate of Disclosure for Business Corporations
- $95 check write to Arizona Corporation Commission
- If the document is filed with Expedited process ($60 + $35), it will take about a week to get the Article of corporation document return ($5/each). Otherwise, it will take about 55 days.
- Once received the article of corporation, publish the article in 60 days. AZ Capitol Time can complete the whole process for about $91, including mail the published copy to AZ corporation commission.
- Once the process is completed, call IRS to get a new EIN (employee Identify Number)
- Download and file the 2553 S-corporation election form to form the s-corporation
- Apply the Arizona retailer license online at AZTaxes.gov.
- Apply a new business check account with bank
- Apply a new business credit card
- Find a good company to buy the startup package (including bylaw, minute book, etc)
- Register the desired domain name at GoDaddy.com
- Find a good hosting company. ex ANHosting.com
- Setup open source shopping cart Zen Cart
- Customize the logo and layout
- Input the products
- Setup Paypal business account and link to the shopping cart (Paypal IPN)
The time to complete the entire corporation filing is about a month. Now. It’s up to me how to run the business. Few notes to remember.
AZ requires to file the tax return monthly. Fedral requires to file tax return qurterly.