In the past few days, I have been a little sick due to the sudden temperature drop. I was also busy attending some business event in Taipei. This gave me a chance to rethink about my business plan. After meeting with some success entrepreneurs, who created success business before age of 40? I have to ask myself this question on more time.
How do I stand out from the crowd?
To find out why those young entrepreneurs succeeded in their business, I need to find out the reasons of their success and the characters they are playing. There must be some reasons of their success. Are their characteristic or personality playing important pieces of their success.
I was very happy that they spent time to discuss their success story with me. That is the first reason of their success. So here are the common characteristics of those success young entrepreneurs.
- Share their experience of the mistakes they made - A great entrepreneur shares their experience and the mistakes they made. By sharing their experience, they have the chance to review what they have done and make sure they have not made the same mistake in the past. It does not just remind me what mistakes to prevent, but it also gives them a great confidence.
- Don’t make the same mistake twice – This is a very important reason of their success. All of the entrepreneurs I met with have this characteristic. They admit their mistake, but don’t make the same mistake twice.
- Be open minded - A success business man always look for a new chance and opportunities. They open their mind for new stuff even on the stuff not related to their business.
- Be unique - Chase the crowd will never make you a success entrepreneur. You need to lead the crowd. It’s all about how to differentiate your uniqueness.
- The more you give, the more you get - Public welfare activity has been the best way to drive more business than advertisement. The entrepreneurs I met are spending million dollars on helping the communities and make other people’s life easier. In many case, they don’t even talk about their business in the event. However, the whole community knows who sponsors the event. This brings a great positive image of the corporation to the public. This brings more business than the advertisement can do.
- Watch and Listen - A great entrepreneur are very sensitive about the environment around them. They watch and learn from others.
- Be a loser at least once – This is one of the reasons of their success that sock me. It makes sense to me after all. All of the entrepreneurs I met have failed at least once. Some of them failed more than three times. They got up and fight for their life again. They are now the role models for all of us. “If I have never failed, I won’t know what success taste like.“
They also don’t have misconceptions I listed in 10 “I don’t” self-misconceptions make you a no millionaire. They really know how to train themselves to look like a millionaire.
Can you stand out from the crowd?