Image Source: principle of design
Few days ago, I talked about who is reading your blog? Why do you care? If you are an online store owner or blogger, you probably already experience the power of your visitors or readers. In the online world, you have to build close relationship with your visitors. Many blogger or online store owners fail at the end, because they ignore their visitor’s power and influence.
It’s a small world. People know people, who know about you. A rumor will circulate and come back to hurt you!
Whatever you said against your visitors will come back to you one day. If you ignore your visitors or bad mouth about them, they may just share their bad experience with many others. It will end up hurting your reputation. There is chance that you will run into some very bad visitors or customers. They do bad mouth about all your hard working and efforts. One small word can damage your entire business. We need to learn how to deal with it.
Here is an example. I was working on government related auction site project. The project manager from the client was a jerk who always uses F words on the phone. He thinks he got the power because he holds the contract. He always has points about how the project goes out of his control and how the project should be done. As an IT consultant, I provided the best solutions to the customer and to make sure they will eventually happy with my service. I was not in the position to argue with him about being a human being. I was called “Fxxxxxx Chinese Pig” many times on the phone and in face in the meeting. I have never felt angry and upset; because my goal is to finish the project and make sure the person who signed the contract and pay for the money are happy.
At the end, I finished the project on-time and made his boss so happy. I got the award I deserved without even being mad about him. Yeah. I have learned how to deal with people like him and finish what I need to do without upsetting him.
It’s a small world. A year later, I got a big project that were referred by him. At the end, I guess I turn my worst enemy into my best friend.
Here are the things I do to lower the possible damage and make my customers my best friends.
- Put up Smile – It’s no big deal. Smile is the best healing medicine and best weapon for your first line of defense. A pretty smile will confuse your enemy, making them uncertain about their own act.
- Don’t get mad – Madness will put you in the angry and unconscious condition. You will lose the capability to think straight and find the resolutions. It also shows your personality weakest point.
- Listening – Without understand what exactly they are complaining about, you miss the points to be a better person. I have learned a lot from people who argue with me. I did not learn about the fact of the argument. I did learn how not to be the same person on the human side. I learned not to be the same bitch to others.
- Be responsive – Ignore your enemy will make you a weaker competitor. Response back to your visitors with a calm tone and warm heart.
- Be Nice – Be nice to your visitors. You will lose the first battle in the impression driven online world. If you give out a bad first impression, you have no second chance to win them back.
- Be positive and open minded – People always look things from different angles. A negative thought will change your attitude facing challenges. You them lost the power come back up.
- Be consideration – Not everyone are handling thing the same way. That’s just the human nature. The person who treats you bad may be having the bad time. They just don’t know how to deal with things all at once. If you be more consideration to them, they may appreciate your kindness. You are making a friend, not an enemy.
There are also other things I do to make me look more like a millionaire. Do you look like a millionaire? Train yourself first! We all have some good time and bad time with the people we meet online and offline. If you want to be a better person, you got to learn how to deal with a bad person. Learn from them and don’t be one of them.
The point of this post is to learn how to deal with the bad situation and learn to make your enemy your best friend. It’s very hard to be a successful business man. So the less enemy the better chance you will get there.
Do you have thoughts to share with me? You can write a post about your personal experience and how you deal with it. You can leave comment and link to your post.